Minor in Russian Studies
The School of Modern Languages offers minors in Chinese, French, German, Japanese, Korean, and Spanish as well as in Russian Studies. This program is designed for students who wish to develop their language skills to at least an intermediate level and to provide themselves with a greater depth than possible with a certificate program.
Program of Study
- Students must earn 15 credit hours of language electives in a single language beyond the 2002 course.
- Beyond the 2001 course for CHIN/JAPN/KOR/RUSS
- Students pursuing a minor in Russian Studies should take their electives in at least two different departments/schools (Modern Languages, International Affairs, and/or Literature, Media, and Communication)
- At least nine credit hours must be taken at the 3000 level or above
- A maximum of 9 credit hours of transfer credit may be used to satisfy the course requirements for a minor. This includes courses taken at another institution or credit earned through the AP or IB program, assuming the scores meet Georgia Tech minimum standards.
- All courses counting toward a minor must be taken on a letter-grade basis, and a grade of C or better must be received in each course.
- A maximum of 6 credit hours of Special Topics courses may be included in a minor program or the student may complete 3 credit hours of Special Topics and 3 credit hours of either Special Problems or RUSS 2699. Students may not use 6 credit hours of either Special Problems or RUSS 2699 for a minor.
- It is the major advisor’s responsibility to verify that students are using only courses from the designated block(s) from the student’s major field of study that are allowed to satisfy a minor program, that they are not using any Core Area A-E courses (including humanities and social sciences), and that they are not using any courses for more than one minor or certificate. Any free elective course used to satisfy the course requirements of the student’s major degree program may also be used to satisfy the course requirements for a minor.
Students wishing to pursue one or more of these minors should declare the minor by filling out the minor change form with the Director of Undergraduate Studies in Modern Languages