Minor in Music Technology
The School of Music offers a Minor in Music Technology.
For more information, click here.
- Students seeking admission to one of the Music Minor Degree Programs must be a full-time Georgia Tech student or have transferred from another institution.
Written application and interview required – no formal audition
- Complete 15 credit hours of course requirements (curriculum below).
|Foundation Course Options|
|Select two courses from the following:||6|
|Fundamentals of Musicianship I|
|Fundamentals of Musicianship II|
|Introduction Audio Technology I|
|Introduction to Audio Technology II|
|Select three courses from the following:||9|
|Survey of Music Technology|
|Introduction of Synthesized Computer Music|
|Integrating Music Into Multimedia|
|Music Technology History and Repertoire|
|Computational Music and Audio Analysis|
|Computer Music Composition|
|Digital Signal Processing for Music|
|Music Recording and Mixing|
|Music and Sound Design|
|Music Interface Design|
|Music Perception and Cognition|
|Total Credit Hours||15|
- All courses counting toward the minor must be taken on a letter-grade basis.
- All courses used to satisfy the course requirements for a minor must be completed with a grade of C (2.00) or better.
- A maximum of 6 credit hours of Special Topics courses may be included in a minor program or the student may complete 3 credit hours of Special Topics and 3 credit hours of either Special Problems or Undergraduate Research. Students may not use 6 credit hours of either Special Problems or Undergraduate Research for a minor.
- A maximum of 3 credit hours of transfer credit may be used to satisfy the course requirements for a minor. This includes courses taken at another institution or credit earned through the AP or IB program, assuming the scores meet Georgia Tech minimum standards.
- It is the major advisor’s responsibility to verify that students are using only courses from the designated block(s) from the student’s major field of study that are allowed to satisfy a minor program, that they are not using any Core Area A-E courses (including humanities and social sciences), and that they are not using any courses for more than one minor or certificate. Any free elective course used to satisfy the course requirements of the student’s major degree program may also be used to satisfy the course requirements for a minor.
For additional information please contact the Music Minor Coordinator, Mr. Benjamin Diden: email@example.com or 404.894.8964. Alternatively, you can contact the Administrative Coordinator, Corissa Jones at firstname.lastname@example.org or 404.894.8949.