Center for Teaching and Learning (CTL)
The Center for Teaching and Learning (CTL) was founded in 1986 with a mission to lead Georgia Tech to a teaching and learning standard of excellence.
CTL’s undergraduate course offerings include:
- Undergraduate Teaching Assistant Preparation,
- Fundamentals of Peer Tutoring, and
- Residence Life Seminar.
CTL offers a graduate-level course in Graduate Teaching Assistant preparation and courses to prepare graduate students for faculty positions.
• Graduate Teaching Assistant Preparation,
- Fundamentals of Teaching and Learning in Higher Education,
- Course Design for Higher Education,
- Teaching Practicum in Higher Education, and
- Teaching Immersion in Higher Education.
For international graduate students and teaching assistants who want to improve their English communication skills, CTL offers courses in conjunction with the Georgia Tech Language Institute.
- Communication Skills for International TAs,
- Academic Writing for International Graduate Students,
- Oral Communication for International Graduate Students, and
- Presentation Skills for International Students.
Courses offered by the Center for Teaching and Learning (CTL) can be viewed in the Course Catalog.