Student Financial Agreement
By registering for classes at the Georgia Institute of Technology (Georgia Tech), I agree to the following terms and conditions:
- I accept full responsibility for payment of all tuition, fees and other associated costs assessed as a result of my class registration and/or receipt of services at Georgia Tech. I understand Georgia Tech uses electronic billing as the official billing method and does not mail invoices. I am responsible for reviewing and paying my student account balance by the scheduled due date. I further understand failure to review my account does not constitute a valid reason for non-payment by the scheduled due date.
- If I drop or withdraw from some or all classes for which I register, I accept responsibility for paying all tuition and mandatory fees in accordance with the published tuition refund schedule at http://www.bursar.gatech.edu/content/refund-calendars. I further understand non-attendance does not absolve me of this responsibility.
- I agree my financial aid is to be used to pay charges assessed to my account at Georgia Tech such as tuition, fees, campus housing and meal plans, student health insurance, parking permits, service fees, fines, bookstore charges, or any other charge, in accordance with the terms of the aid. If any portion of my financial aid is revoked, I agree to repay all revoked aid that was disbursed to my account and either applied to charges or refunded to me.
- I understand if I fail to pay my student account bill or any monies owed to Georgia Tech by the scheduled due date, Georgia Tech will place a financial hold on my student account, preventing me from registering for future classes, requesting transcripts, or receiving my diploma. Georgia Tech may also assess late payment fees and/or cancel my class registration.
- I understand if I fail to pay my student account bill or any monies owed to Georgia Tech by the scheduled due date, and also fail to make acceptable payment arrangements to bring my account current, Georgia Tech may refer my delinquent account to a collection agency. I further understand I am responsible for paying the collection agency fees which may be based on a percentage at a maximum of fifteen (15) percent of my delinquent account, together with all costs and expenses, including reasonable attorney’s fees necessary for the collection of my delinquent account. Further, I understand that my delinquent account may be reported to one or more of the national credit bureaus.
- I understand Georgia Tech and its agents and contractors may contact me at my current and any future cellular phone number(s), email address(es) or wireless device(s) regarding my delinquent student account(s)/loan(s), any other debt I owe to Georgia Tech, or to receive general information. I authorize Georgia Tech and its agents and contractors to use automated telephone dialing equipment, artificial, pre-recorded voice or text messages, and personal calls and emails, in their efforts to contact me. I may withdraw my consent to call my cellular phone by submitting a request in writing to the Georgia Tech Bursar’s Office or in writing to the applicable contractor or agent contacting me on behalf of Georgia Tech.
- I understand I am responsible for complying with all applicable Georgia Tech policies and procedures.
- I understand Georgia Tech uses the e-mail account provided by Georgia Tech as the official method of communication with me and I am responsible for reading Georgia Tech e-mails on a timely basis.
- I understand I am responsible for keeping Georgia Tech records up to date with my current physical addresses, email addresses, and phone numbers by following the procedure at http://www.registrar.gatech.edu/students/formlanding/address.php. The linked procedure is incorporated herein by reference. Upon leaving Georgia Tech for any reason, it is my responsibility to provide Georgia Tech with updated contact information for purposes of continued communication regarding any amounts owed to Georgia Tech.
- I understand that this Agreement shall be governed by the laws of the State of Georgia without regard to choice of law provisions and that all actions arising under this agreement will be filed and litigated exclusively in the state or federal courts in Atlanta, Georgia, and I expressly agree to the jurisdiction of such courts.