Student Financial Agreement
By registering for classes at the Georgia Institute of Technology, you agree to the following terms and conditions:
- I understand that when I register for any class at the Georgia Institute of Technology (Georgia Tech) or receive any service from Georgia Tech I accept full responsibility to pay all tuition, fees and other associated costs assessed as a result of my registration and/or receipt of services.
- I understand and agree that if I drop or withdraw from some or all of the classes for which I register, I will be responsible for paying all or a portion of tuition and fees in accordance with the published tuition refund schedule at http://www.bursar.gatech.edu/content/refund-calendars.
- I understand and agree that if I fail to pay my student account bill or any monies due and owing Georgia Tech by the scheduled due date, Georgia Tech will place a financial hold on my student account, preventing me from registering for future classes, requesting transcripts, or receiving my diploma. Georgia Tech will assess late payment fees and may cancel my class registration.
- I understand and accept that if I fail to pay my student account bill or any monies due and owing Georgia Tech by the scheduled due date, and fail to make acceptable payment arrangements to bring my account current, Georgia Tech may refer my delinquent account to a collection agency. I further understand that I am responsible for paying the collection agency fee which may be based on a percentage at a maximum of 33-1/3 percent of my delinquent account, together with all costs and expenses, including reasonable attorney’s fees, necessary for the collection of my delinquent account.
- I authorize Georgia Tech and its agents and contractors to contact me at my current and any future cellular phone number(s), email address(es) or wireless device(s) regarding my delinquent student account(s)/loan(s), any other debt I owe to Georgia Tech, or to receive general information from Georgia Tech. I authorize Georgia Tech and its agents and contractors to use automated telephone dialing equipment, artificial or pre-recorded voice or text messages, and personal calls and emails, in their efforts to contact me.
- I agree to allow financial aid I receive to pay any and all charges assessed to my account at Georgia Tech such as tuition, fees, campus housing and meal plans, student health insurance, parking permits, service fees, fines, bookstore charges, or any other amount, in accordance with the terms of the aid. If some or all of my financial aid is revoked because I drop courses or withdraw from school, I agree to repay all revoked aid that was disbursed to my account as referenced in the GT catalog.
- I understand that Georgia Tech uses electronic billing (e-bill) as its official billing method, and therefore I am responsible for viewing and paying my student account e-bill by the scheduled due date. I further understand that failure to review my e-bill does not constitute a valid reason for nonpayment by the Fee Payment Deadline.
- I understand and agree that I am responsible for keeping Georgia Tech records up to date with my current physical addresses, email addresses, and phone numbers by following the procedure athttp://www.registrar.gatech.edu/students/formlanding/address.php. The linked procedure is incorporated herein by reference. Upon leaving Georgia Tech for any reason, it is my responsibility to provide Georgia Tech with updated contact information for purposes of continued communication regarding any amounts that remain due and owing to Georgia Tech.