Master of Science in Architecture

The School of Architecture's Master of Science (MS) Program is a non-professional program requiring a minimum of 30 semester hours of advanced study and is oriented toward advanced practice, scholarship and research. Applicants may have previous degrees in architecture or other related fields. The program accepts students with a professional degree in a design or design-related field, as well as students with a baccalaureate degree in a non-design field who wish to pursue an area of study offered in the Master of Science in Architecture degree.


  1. Digital Design and Fabrication
  2. High Performance Buildings
  3. Health and Design

For further details on the program, see or contact an academic advisor in the School of Architecture.

MS Information

Multidisciplinary studies are strongly encouraged in all of the master's programs in architecture. These studies may be part of a formal dual degree program, including architecture and city and regional planning. Other multidisciplinary studies are possible within the College of Design, the Institute, or at other Atlanta area colleges and universities, such as Emory University and Georgia State University. Coursework outside the School of Architecture frequently includes city and regional planning, public policy, history, philosophy, real estate development, engineering, and studio art.

The deadline for applications is December 15 for all applicants for the following fall semester. Each applicant must have an outstanding undergraduate record and must submit a portfolio of creative work. The Graduate Record Examination (GRE) is required for all applicants. A minimum TOEFL score of 600 (paper-based), 250 (computer-based), or 100 (Internet-based) is required for all foreign applicants. All applicants should be aware that each program in the School of Architecture has specific application requirements; therefore, all applicants should consult the relevant requirements for their chosen degree programs; by visiting the School of Architecture website or contacting an academic advisor.