Minor in Technology and Business
The curriculum of the Minor in Technology and Business requires the completion of 22 semester credit hours in the course of study shown below. Students who are admitted to the T&M Program satisfy the requirements for a bachelor's degree in their major.
- Business courses for Architecture, Ivan Allen and Sciences students cover such topics as Marketing, Finance, Accounting, and Investments.
- Together with students in Engineering and Business, these Architecture, Ivan Allen and Sciences students take classes on analyzing emerging technologies and managing product and technology development.
- Together with Business, Computing, and Engineering students, these Architecture, Ivan Allen and Sciences students take an integrated capstone project course, where interdisciplinary teams focus on a specific problem posed by one of the program's corporate affiliates. These projects address problems involving significant technical and managerial issues.
The minimum, cumulative GPA required for applicants to the Denning T&M Program is 3.0 based on a minimum of 12 hours earned at Georgia Tech. In order for accepted students to maintain their eligibility to remain in the T&M Program, they must maintain a minimum 3.0 GPA for the classes required by the Denning T&M curriculum. All courses used to satisfy the requirements of the minor must be taken for a letter grade and must be completed with the grade of C (2.00) or better. All 22 credit hours are required.
- A maximum of 6 credit hours of Special Topics courses may be included in a minor program or the student may complete 3 credit hours of Special Topics and 3 credit hours of either Special Problems or Undergraduate Research. Students may not use 6 credit hours of either Special Problems or Undergraduate Research for a minor.
- A maximum of 3 credit hours of transfer credit may be used to satisfy the course requirements for a minor. This includes courses taken at another institution or credit earned through the AP or IB program, assuming the scores meet Georgia Tech minimum standards.
- It is the major advisor’s responsibility to verify that students are using only courses from the designated block(s) from the student’s major field of study that are allowed to satisfy a minor program, that they are not using any Core Area A-E courses (including humanities and social sciences), and that they are not using any courses for more than one minor or certificate. Any free elective course used to satisfy the course requirements of the student’s major degree program may also be used to satisfy the course requirements for a minor.
Program of Study - Architecture, Ivan Allen, and Sciences Students Requirements
|MGT 3743||Analysis of Emerging Technologies||3|
|MGT 3744||Managing Product, Service & Technology Development||3|
|MGT 4741||Integrative Management Development-Project Preparation||3|
|MGT 4742||Integrated Technology and Management Capstone Project||4|
|MGT 3300||Marketing Management I,Marketing I||3|
|MGT 3000||Accounting for Decision Making||3|
|MGT 3078||Finance and Investments||3|
|or MGT 3062||Financial Management|
Application and course descriptions are available at: http://scheller.gatech.edu/centers-initiatives/technology-management-program/index.html