Minor in Robotics
|Required Robotics Courses|
|Select one course:||3|
|Introduction to Perception and Robotics|
|Introduction to Automation and Robotics|
|Choose at least one course from 2 of the 4 core categories:||12|
|Introduction to Humans & Autonomy|
|Introduction to Artificial Intelligence|
|Robot Intelli Planning|
|Embedded and Hybrid Control Systems|
|Control System Analysis and Design|
or ECE 3550
|Feedback Control Systems|
or ME 4452
|Control of Dynamic Systems|
|Control System Design|
|Modeling and Control of Motion Systems|
|Fundamentals of Mechatronics|
or CEE 2040
or ME 2202
|Dynamics of Rigid Bodies|
|System Dynamics and Vibration|
|Biomedical Sensors and Instrumentation|
|Introduction to Medical Image Processing|
|Introduction to Computer Vision|
|Introduction to Signal Processing|
|Embedded Systems Design|
|Applications of Digital Signal Processing|
|Total Credit Hours||15|
AE/BMED/ME/ECE/CS 4699 Undergraduate Research in robotics or autonomous systems (3 hours) may be used to fulfill one of the 4 core requirements. This research must be completed with a robotics faculty member and requires a final report that highlights its linkage to the respective core: Autonomy, Controls, Mechanics, and Perception.
Additional Restrictions on the 15 hours of credit for the Robotics Minor:
- At least two courses must be taken outside of the student’s home school. Cross-listed courses, such as those marked with an * in the list above, cannot count as being “outside the home school” for any of the students who are from the schools that cross list that course.
- Courses must be taken from two or more schools.
- All courses from the minor must be passed with a grade of C or higher.
- No more than one 2000-level course may be used towards the minor.
- No course that is required (by name and number) in the student’s major discipline can be counted towards the student’s minor. No course that is considered equivalent to a required course in the student’s major is allowed for the minor.
- No course counted towards the Robotics Minor can be used for any other undergraduate minor or certificate.