Undergraduate Study in Literature, Media, and Communication
- Minor in Film and Media Studies
- Minor in Science Fiction Studies
- Minor in East Asian Studies
- Minor in Health, Medicine, and Society
- Minor in Science, Technology, and Society
- Minor in Women, Science, and Technology
- Minor in Black Media Studies
- Bachelor of Science in Computational Media
- Bachelor of Science in Literature, Media, and Communication
Writing and Communication Intensive Courses
A number of majors require students to complete writing intensive and communication intensive courses. Several LMC classes may be counted toward this requirement. Consult course offerings each semester to determine which courses may be counted toward this requirement.
- Students with a score of 4 or 5 on the College Board Advanced Placement Exam (taken in conjunction with high school classes) in Composition and Literature or Language and Composition receive credit for ENGL 1101.
- Students with a score of 750 or higher on the SAT II Subject Test in English receive credit for ENGL 1101.
- Students with a score of four or higher on the International Baccalaureate Exam receive credit for ENGL 1101.
- Advanced placement credit is not ordinarily given for ENGL 1102.
LMC and the School of History and Sociology cooperate in providing a certificate in African American Studies. Students should consult either school for detailed information concerning requirements. Courses for this certificate are selected from among those listed in "Courses of Instruction" and from the list offered by the department.