Professional Master's in Manufacturing Leadership
Georgia Tech’s Professional Master's in Manufacturing Leadership (PMML) is a collaborative effort by the colleges of engineering and business designed to prepare working engineers and scientists for manufacturing leadership roles.
Incorporating several courses from the College of Engineering’s #1 graduate manufacturing program (U.S. News & World Report, 2022) and the Scheller College of Business, which frequently ranks in the top 10 for its MBA programs, the 10-course curriculum will provide you with the advanced technical knowledge, business acumen, and leadership skills needed to succeed in today’s workforce.
In addition to the core curriculum that includes master's level engineering, you'll choose an area of concentration. Options include:
- Forest bioproducts – covering various aspects of the pulp and paper industry, including biorefining pathways, new biomaterials, and biotechnologies, as well as business competitive analysis and forecasting.
- Chemical manufacturing – centering on foundational technologies, emerging processes, and markets in the chemical processing industry.
- Discrete manufacturing – focusing on designing and creating products for the parts and assembly industry.
As a student in our PMML program, you’ll also have access to renowned faculty who are researchers, scholars, and leaders in their fields. What’s more, courses are structured so you can learn while you stay in your current job. As a result of this in-depth, comprehensive training, you will be able to:
- Use techno-economic models to evaluate emerging and established manufacturing technologies.
- Ensure optimum performance of manufacturing systems through modeling, monitoring, and quality control.
- Design strategic visions that guide manufacturing organizations through technological and economic changes.
- Lead interdisciplinary decision making using personalized management strategies.
Additional program highlights include:
- Two years total to complete, including summers
- A curriculum taught in a mostly online format, requiring three in-person sessions throughout the course of the program
- A mini-mester structure, offered each fall and spring, so you can focus on one course at a time
- Additional professional certifications in the areas of Six Sigma, project management, and supply chain
- A student cohort model that encourages collaboration and networking
- Team-based, hands-on capstone project that synthesizes what you learned
For PMML admission requirements, application deadlines, tuition detail, course descriptions, and other information, visit https://pe.gatech.edu/degrees/pmml.
Program of study
|ISYE 6380||Production Planning and Control||3|
|ISYE 6381||Manufacturing Reliability||3|
|ISYE 6382||Quality Control and Six Sigma||3|
|ISYE 6383||Fundamentals of Manufacturing Supply Chain Operations||3|
|MGT 6753||Principles of Management for Engineers||3|
|MGT 6114||Leadership Development||3|
|MGT 6107||Leadership and Organizational Change||3|
|MLDR 6800||Manufacturing Leadership Capstone Project||3|
|Elective Courses (Select two courses)||6|
|Foundational Topics in the Manufacturing of Forest Bioproducts|
Emerging Markets for Forest Bioproducts
Foundational Topics in the Chemical Manufacturing Industry
Emerging Markets for the Chemical Manufacturing Industry
|Total Credit Hours||30|