Professional Master's in Manufacturing Leadership
Georgia Tech is ranked #1 in Industrial / Manufacturing / Systems Engineering Programs by U.S. News and World Report. With its expertise in manufacturing, GT created the Professional Master's in Manufacturing Management (PMML) to prepare working professionals - engineers and scientists - for manufacturing leadership roles.
The advanced degree curriculum combines technical skills with the business and leadership skills employers demand. Taught by distinguished faculty from academia and industry, PMML offers you immediately applicable knowledge, real-world learning experiences, and a network of professionals for career-long support.
Whether you are moving into your first position with management responsibility, starting your own company, being groomed for that executive position, or somewhere in between you will:
- Prepare to become a confident leader in a variety of industries.
- Evaluate the use of emerging vs. established manufacturing technologies using techno-economic models.
- Ensure optimum performance of manufacturing systems through modeling, monitoring and quality control.
- Choose one area of concentration to focus on:
- Forest bioproducts track covering various aspects of pulp and paper, biorefining pathways, new biomaterials and biotechnologies, and business competitive analysis and forecasting.
- Chemical manufacturing track addressing foundational technologies as well as emerging processes and markets in the chemical processing industry.
- Discrete manufacturing track delves into designing and creating products for the parts and assembly industry.
The flexible, innovative curriculum allows you to learn while you stay in your current job. Program highlights include:
- A graduate degree in 2 years.
- Focus on one course at a time by taking two half-semester courses each fall and spring.
- The hybrid format that blends face-to-face instruction and 24/7 online learning.
- Live office hours with faculty each week of the course.
- A team-based, hands-on capstone experience designing an implementation plan for a manufacturing business facing emerging technology decisions.
- Visit the Atlanta campus three times over two years and meet with your cohort to network, collaborate and build community.
For PMML admission requirements, application deadlines, tuition detail, course descriptions, and other info, visit https://pe.gatech.edu/degrees/pmml.
Program of study
|ISYE 6380||Production Planning and Control||3|
|ISYE 6381||Manufacturing Reliability||3|
|ISYE 6382||Quality Control and Six Sigma||3|
|ISYE 6383||Fundamentals of Manufacturing Supply Chain Operations||3|
|MGT 6753||Principles of Management for Engineers||3|
|MGT 6114||Leadership Development||3|
|MGT 6107||Leadership and Organizational Change||3|
|MLDR 6800||Manufacturing Leadership Capstone Project||3|
|Elective Courses (Select two courses)||6|
|Foundational Topics in the Manufacturing of Forest Bioproducts|
Emerging Markets for Forest Bioproducts
Foundational Topics in the Chemical Manufacturing Industry
Emerging Markets for the Chemical Manufacturing Industry
|Total Credit Hours||30|