Minor in Philosophy
Numbered 3000 or above.
- All courses counting toward the minor must be taken on a letter-grade basis.
- All courses used to satisfy the course requirements for a minor must be completed with a grade of C (2.00) or better.
- A maximum of 6 credit hours of Special Topics courses may be included in a minor program or the student may complete 3 credit hours of Special Topics and 3 credit hours of either Special Problems or Undergraduate Research. Students may not use 6 credit hours of either Special Problems or Undergraduate Research for a minor.
- A maximum of 3 credit hours of transfer credit may be used to satisfy the course requirements for a minor. This includes courses taken at another institution or credit earned through the AP or IB program, assuming the scores meet Georgia Tech minimum standards.
- It is the major advisor’s responsibility to verify that students are using only courses from the designated block(s) from the student’s major field of study that are allowed to satisfy a minor program, that they are not using any Core Area A-E courses (including humanities and social sciences), and that they are not using any courses for more than one minor or certificate. Any free elective course used to satisfy the course requirements of the student’s major degree program may also be used to satisfy the course requirements for a minor.